Saturday, March 26, 2005

Honda Ridgeline

Of course, I have not driven one, but I think the Honda Ridgeline will do pretty well.

Honda Ridgeline



For one, it is a Honda, and is based on the good selling Pilot. Also look at the proliferation of four door pickups in the market and the Chevy Avalanche gaining some acceptance to a bit of a different look (especially now that it is offered without all of the plastic). Of course, it will not compete with the heavy duty pickup market for real working trucks. I think the same reason that makes it such a great truck for urban dwellers is one of the strikes against it for real work, that being the integrated bed. I think the integrated bed makes it more structurally rigid, lending itself to a better more comfortable road/highway ride. I would say having a box that one cannot simply unbolt and replace is a minus for a pickup that gets much real work, but once again, for the weekend yard clippings, groceries, sports gear, the occasional furniture purchase (couch, bed, etc..), and such I think it should be a winner.

No comments: