Thursday, June 11, 2015
Here is one that made it my way recently.
Agency customer: Hey we have a bunch of text files hosted on website x and two of them are prompting to be downloaded, and if we download and view them they don't look the same as the others. The other files simply display the text in the browser just fine. What's up?
A scheduled process sends the files to the web. Developer reruns the job, same results. I take a look at the two files that are having the issue and compare against a couple not having the issue. Turns out the two text files having the issue have nulls in them. Take the nulls out, post a test copy and they work fine, happily displaying in the browser. Update developer he needs to remove the nulls form the file he produces, which he does, and done, no more crisis. But lets say you need to test the scenario as I did. Here is a quick way to do that. Open your text file with NotePad++.
Note the little Nul symbols. Simply find and replace them. You can't simply type nul in though. Here is how you can do it with NotePad++.
Open the file in NotePad++, you'll see the NULs. You can't just type "NUL" into Find what: and expect for them to display. You'll need to change the Search Mode to Extended. Then you can simply put \0 (that is a backslash followed by a zero), then if wanting to simply strip them out leave the Replace with: field empty. Click Replace all. Save as something else so that you still have the original if needed. Then upload that file and see if it takes care of the issue. Of course, if wanting to replace NUL with something else put the replacement in the Replace with: filed.
Happy times with your text files on the web!
Wednesday, November 27, 2013
Thursday, August 16, 2012
Sunday, April 01, 2012
Friday, January 06, 2012
Friday, December 30, 2011
Here is the initial swelling on the upper outside part of the thigh. Below the scab area the swelling went away. The hematoma is basically from the scab upwards.
Bruising is basically gone now, but since fluid was drawn off it has noticeably filled back up.
Wednesday, December 28, 2011
I fell recently and my thigh and hip hit the top wooden rail on the cattle run and I ended up flat on the ground.
My leg ended up looking much like that in the picture on the hematoma wikipedia page.
Bruised from the top of the leg to behind the knee.
Although the picture shows what the bruising looked like it doesn't do a very good job of depicting what the actual hematoma looked like that I had.
It was a big bump and only got bigger. It looked about like a third butt cheek on the side of my leg.
Upon my first visit to the doctor he said he could likely not draw much fluid off with a needle as it was a jelly like consistency and it would breakdown over time to liquid that could be drawn off with a needle.
Yesterday the doctor took about 5 oz. of fluid off of it (think about the amount of a half can of a soda). That made a definite difference in size, but there was still a small more solid bump left. Since yesterday the bump does look to have grown a bit, which he said it may. We'll see how things look at my appointment next week.
I also added Google Translate to the full site (dropdown in the upper right), so it can be enjoyed internationally. Ha. As it is translating text, hopefully it's much better than Google Voice's translation. I like Google Voice but the translation can make for some good humor.
So it has been some time since I posted anything here. Like many I frequented microblogging more and left this one simply out there like so much other randomness. Now my microblogging has fallen off, my football Facebook fan page has not seen me for a while and not contributing much on Google +, so who knows what's next. I could always hook my blog up to share on Google+.