Friday, October 14, 2005

Crazy Ford Focus

My crazy Ford Focus. I am almost wondering if it is posessed. Popping the hatch has been a fiasco lately. Much as it was last year. They replaced the hatch mechanism and it seemed to do a bit better, but as the weather got warmer it got better. Well now that it is getting colder again, it has decided to act up more. It has gotten to the point where it won't pop using the button inside and it would not pop using the key fob unless you would shut the car off and take the key out and press the fob. Yesterday when I dropped my son off at school it actually popped normally although it sounded a bit weak. Upon jumping out of the car and hitting the fob to lock the car upon parking at work, it did nothing. I figured the battery on the fob must have gone out, until I reached in and pressed the button to lock the doors and nothing happened. The hatch won't pop and the doors won't lock or unlock automatically now. I am back to the old fashioned way of locking doors on a car. Not sure if my kids would even know how to lock the doors and use a key to unlock the vehicle. :-)

I had fewer problems in the 5 years I had my used 1987 Toyota Corolla GT-S FX/16 (I purchased in 1996, than what I have had with my 2001 Ford Focus ZX3 S2.

No comments: