Thursday, December 11, 2008

Warning 201: The necessary VPN sub-system is not available.

The post on my site that gets the biggest amount of traffic from search engines and has garnered the most responses has been my "Warning 201" post, regarding an issue with the Cisco VPN client. The post was made in September of 2005.

Warning 201: The necessary VPN sub-system is not available. You can not connect to the remote VPN server.


What worked for me at the time was simply reinstalling. In turn the service was restarted, which from comments and responses to the post, it looks as though I could have simply restarted the service. It appears that this commonly fixes the issue in the quickest and easiest fashion.

I would have thought this issue would have lessened by now, but have recently received a couple of more comments on it, so I guess not.

If you came here looking for an answer to your issue try restarting the service.

No comments: