Saturday, March 29, 2008

May Issue of Winding Road


The May issue of Winding Road is out.

My quick notes.

I like the new Jag XF and BMW 1 series.

I don't care for the redesign of the Acura TSX. I have liked the TSX since they came out with it, but I don't like the front grill of the new one. Seems a bit Saturn like or something.

The Alfa Romeo MiTo with those great Alfa Romeo wheels looks kind of cool.

Saab jumping on all wheel drive might be a bit late to broaden it's appeal much beyond it's current niche.

If GM wants the El Camino to last more than a truly short run, they better be working on a four door version. Which upon that note, I'll throw in my 2 cents worth to Subaru; you canned the Baja to early.


With all of the XUV, SAV, etc. designations, I can understand Chris Paukert's statement:

BMW calls the X6 a Sport Activity Coupe. The designation is a SAC of something, alright.


I might have to disagree with him on this point:

-most PR types will probably prefer to see their latest-and-greatest branded as an HIV rather than an SUV.


As it comes down to marketing and there is a stigma attached to the HIV acronym (human immunodeficiency virus) will we be rid of the human immunodeficiency virus in the next 10 years, such that the general public will associate HIV with Hybrid Impact Vehicle over Human Immunodeficiency Virus?

No comments: