Thursday, November 08, 2007

CKD

No it is not the latest Calvin Klein scent, it is Chronic Kidney Disease.

I have been diagnosed with CKD, but it is one of those things that you may have as well.  There are 5 stages to CKD.  My doctor tells me that I am at Stage 2.  He said that is what the government would tell you.  I am not so sure that he agrees with the rating system.  Lots of people are running around with Stage 1 and Stage 2 without any symptoms.

I was not experiencing any symptoms, but per other blood tests, it was determined that I should have it checked out.

I have had several blood test and my creatinine levels have consistently be elevated, hence I have CKD.

I have also had an ultrasound and MRA, which has determined that the blood vessels in one of my kidneys is smaller than the other.

 

You might want to check out How Kidneys Work.

 

The National Kidney Foundation states that 1 in 9 adults have CKD.

No comments: