Saturday, November 10, 2007

Blog Roll

Steve Lacey mentions in one of his posts that he worked on a Blog Roll for his second twenty percent project. I just played with it for a few minutes. I need to play with it some more to see if one can add more than one folder at a time rather than adding each one separately. I would also guess taht one could change individual items in the folder as public or private, but that is just a guess at this point.

Anyway, you can see the photo category one along the side for now. I will probably change the position, add some more or just remove and keep using my old Bloglines Blogroll. We'll see.

I really like Bloglines, but I like Google Reader as well. I also like the reader in Onfolio if you can deal with a reader that is not web based.

As Google Reader fits into the Google Suite of products, I find I use it more often, thus my list of sites I follow is a bit more up to date on the Google side. It might not be bad for Bloglines to look at partnering with someone to fit into more of a suite. They have a great product, but some may not make the effort to jump over to it if a site they frequent already has a similar feature. Maybe Bloglines should team with Zoho or Thinkfree or Facebook (there may already be a tie in there as there is for so many other things).

No comments: