Monday, September 10, 2007

Hummingbirds

No need to comment on the quality of the video as I know it isn't good, but I must admit that Hummingbirds are a wonder. If you listen to the video you can hear the chirping of the little birds. They are rather territorial birds and are always chasing each other off. We normally have 3 that chase each other around, but yesterday I saw six at one point.



Some of the Hummingbird food can be hard to find at some of the stores around here near the end of the season or early on, but I found a recipe that is extremely simple and seems to work well. Simply add a 1/4 cup of sugar to each cup of water you need for your feeder. Bring the water to a boil, let it sit to cool and then put it in a clean feeder. Don't add food color or anything else. Change out with a fresh batch once a week. Some say you can store in the refridgerator, but it is so simple I just make what I need each time.

No comments: