Thursday, March 01, 2007

Are you looking for something that will read your ISO images?

Look no further.

You can download the Microsoft Virtual CD-ROM Control Panel package. I believe I read that it is suppose to be able to handle DVD ISO images as well, but I know that I had problems with the couple that I tried.

With the same ISO images I had problems with using Microsoft's tool, I was able to open them just fine with MagicISO's Virtual CD/DVD-ROM software MagicDisc.

Excerpt from site:


MagicDisc is freeware. It is very helpful utility designed for creating and managing virtual CD drives and CD/DVD discs. For anyone who deals with CD-based programs – it is a MUST. MagicDisc allows you to use almost all CD/DVD image without burning them onto CD or DVD in order to easily access your favorite games, music, or software programs ---- It works like a real CD/DVD-ROM: You can run programs, play games, or listen to music from your virtual CD-ROM.

No comments: