Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Oops

A secretary called me to let me know that she had a check for one of my former employees.  They were suppose to get their last paycheck via direct deposit, so I figured Personnel must have messed up.  I kind of thought that since the 15th they would have realized that it was not direct deposited.  If you have some bills automatically deducted from your bank account and you thought the money was going to be there, it could cause some problems for someone.  I called the former employee and let them know I had a check for them and as we are talking and I look the check was dated for tomorrow.  Oops.  Personnel did mess up.  The paperwork had gone over and a copy had been returned, but someone forgot to disable them in the system, thus they accrued a paycheck without being at work.  If I could just figure out how to do that.

No comments: