Thursday, January 12, 2006

Plumbing Issues

Today was one of those days. My wife said something from the bathroom. I thought she said that the bathtub was draining slow. Nope, that wasn't it. She said the bathtub wasn't draining. Ugh! Not the way to start the day.

She ran to the store and picked up a sulphuric acid based drain opener. I was able to determine that it was clogged somewhere before the main line and down from where the bathroom sink and bathtub run into one pipe. Needless to say, you run water in the sink and it was coming back up in the tub. A bottle of opener and 30 minutes later. Nothing.

I ended up pulling the pipes apart under the sink so I could get a snake in it. I was able to run the snake out into the main line and free up the blockage. Yeah. That saved me a buck or two.

No comments: