Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Hey Mark!

Just following a couple of your post (1, 2) on Blog Maverick and figured I would put the old Icerocket (www.blogscour.com) to the test to see where this falls.

I see that the Mavs (mavs.com) have signed Josh Powell. Sorry I have never heard of Josh Powell, but then again, I am afraid that I don't keep up with sports that much, other than trying to keep up with my kids. I must admit that I actually enjoy watching a College game more than an NBA game. It seems to me players in the NBA get away with to much (traveling, fouls, carrying the ball, etc..) than one should. Unfortunately, if anything, I think this trend is trickling down more and more. It seems to be like Pro Wrestling, simply an entertainment business.

I do think the Icerocket/blogscour product looks to be pretty cool as it does appear to zero in on current blog info.

I am not sure which is more inclusive in the number of blogs being searched, but you might like one of the features of Mark Fletcher's (or should I say Ask Jeeves) Bloglines that allows you to search blogs and then subscribe to that search, so you get new info it finds. In other words you could setup searches for each of the items you mention, Mavs, HDNet, Icerocket, as well as Magnolia Pictures, Ong Bak, Pulse, Guerrilla, League of Ordinary Gentlemen, Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room, etc. I like the Bloglines reader as it keeps all of my info up to date on the web without having to load a client, such that it knows what I have read, etc.. no matter where I read from, home, the library, a cybercafe, etc.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for mentioning IceRocket. Feel free to email us anytime w/ suggestions.

Blake Rhodes
IceRocket.com
rhodes at icerocket.com

Bonj said...

Thanks Blake, I might just have to take you up on that offer.

I think changing the name to blogscour might be more discriptive, but I would stick with icerocket.