Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Google Talk

I received an invite from Bruce today to try Google Talk.
Well as you can see I got it installed. It states in #3:

Your Gmail contacts are pre-loaded into Google Talk. Your most frequently-emailed contacts are at the top of your Friends list.





It turns out that was not the case. It did not even add Bruce who had invited me, so I put him in. As it is late I did not bother with trying the call. It showed he was idle, but thought I would shoot an IM to see if I would get a response.




I have not tried Skype, but the talking over the Internet doesn't sound much different. I am not sure if it has ties to e-mail and IM though. I wonder if this has taken a bit of the IM code out of Hello. Of course, MSN Messenger will let one do Audio and Video too, although I don't have a webcam.

No comments: