Monday, June 27, 2005

Jeep

Jeep

Jeep Commander

It is kind of funny that the new Jeep Commander has some of the look of the old Jeep Cherokee sold in the United States only larger.

I understand that the Jeep Liberty sold here in the United States is referred to as the Jeep Cherokee in other countries. I read on one of the automotive blogs that for 2006 the Jeep Liberty Renegade Edition will have different sheetmetal than the other Liberty models. It stated that those that have been wanting a four door Wrangler may be pleased with the look of the new Renegade. I tried to find pictures, but have yet to see any. I am picturing a body similar to the that of the Jeep Dakar from the car show circuit about five years ago. I guess time will tell.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have read that this new boxy look is in response to all of those who complained about the losing the cherokee for the Liberty

Bonj said...

If that is the case it will be interesting to see how many sales it might take away from their own Liberty. As it is more expensive than the Liberty they probably wouldn't complain if that happened.