Monday, May 16, 2005

Finger update.

Ugh! And it is only Monday.

I do not have Boutonnière Deformity, what I have is mallet finger. I go in for surgery in Columbia Friday morning. As the doctor's favorite surgeries are breast augmentation and lipsuction, I hope he doesn't get me mixed up with any other patients.

He believes that the problem lies within the last knuckle and will go in there first. If it is there he will suture it up and put a pin in for six weeks, if not he will work his way up the finger looking for the problem. He said that he could not think of anyone with this kind of injury that could not tell you exactly what they were doing and when it happened. Evidently many often hear a pop as well. Glad it didn't hurt, but I have a feeling there will be some pain associated with all of this before I am done.


I think it is time for a beer.


No volleyball for eight weeks either.

2 comments:

Joe Litton said...

Dang, dude, that's messed up. I need a beer just LOOKING at that! Best of luck. Curious to see pics of the finger after the boob doc gets done :-)

Bonj said...

Well, if you see my finger wearing a Team-TSG Camisole in the after surgery picture, then you'll know the surgery didn't go my way. I guess the good news to that would be that I might be able to pick up some extra cash on the talk show circuit and a traveling circus or two.