Saturday, March 12, 2005

Losing your mind - Part 3

I got an e-mail asking if I wanted to keep my PMR open or if it could be closed.

I checked the status of your issue(SPR #GFLY57ZRY8) and it is still "in the works", so there is currently no fix. However, the good news is that development has successfully recreated your issue, meaning we're one step closer to resolution! Now that you have the SPR number, you can check its progress yourself by visiting www.notes.net, clicking on the "Support" section ->Lotus Software Fix Lists -> in the "Notes and Domino" section, click on Notes/Domino Fix List -> at the bottom of this page click "Enter the Notes/Domino Fix List Database". From there you can simply search by the SPR number!

If it's alright with you, I'd like to go ahead and close this PMR at this time. Please let me know how you'd like to proceed. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me. I look forward to hearing from you.

I followed the instructions to check the SPR on notes.net (It looks like even the techs don't want to try to type the long nasty url (http://www-130.ibm.com/developerworks/lotus/).

Upon typing in the SPR nothing shows up. I even scrolled through to look for it. As I did not find it I let the tech know. Here is the response.

I have verified that it is the correct SPR number. However, it won't appear in the fix list database until a maintenance release is available. If you'd like, we can keep this PMR open longer so that I can give you updates similar to the one I just gave you. The "big" news about SPRs will be available in the fix list database though. Also, since IBM plans to release R7 in the next 6 months or so, only pressing issues will be fixed in R6.
Hmm, that response got me to thinking. Does it work in R7. I asked if she would test it, which she did.

I went ahead and tested this issue for you in R7 and verified that this is also a problem in R7. I updated the SPR to reflect my findings, which will increase the priority of the SPR.

Per your request, I will go ahead and close out this PMR for us at this time. However, if you have further questions concerning this PMR or issue, please feel free to contact me at any time.
I told her she could close it at that point. No need for her to have to keep updating me. We'll be able to check new releases to see if it has actually been fixed easy enough.

--------------------------
Notes Developer are you losing your mind?
http://bonj.blogspot.com/2005/02/notes-developers-are-you-losing-your.html

Losing your mind - Part 2
http://bonj.blogspot.com/2005/02/losing-your-mind-part-2.html

No comments: