Sunday, July 04, 2004

Google Search Results

4th of July Google Logo


One of those things that you really don't think about until you don't see it anymore. I know in the past when using Google there use to be something on the results page that I don't see now. I believe it showed the top searched items in the upper right portion of the search results screen. Usually not what I was looking for, so I didn't pay a lot of attention to it. I always thought it was odd that usually all five or so items listed showed like two thousand percent. Not sure what that meant. Now that I don't see it I wonder.

One can still find out information about some of the top pages (Search patterns, trends, and surprises according to Google) by going to Google Zeitgeist, but I am not sure what the overly high percentages that use to show were about. Maybe if I see them again, I will check them out further.

Last week it looks like the top items were:

1. fahrenheit 911

2. jeri ryan

3. kevin federline

4. michael moore

5. mary kate olsen

6. maria sharapova

7. ryan gosling

8. mega millions

9. spiderman 2

10. mattie stepanek


I don't recognize all of the names or what they might be searched for as I did not look. I know that Michael Moore tends to peak individuals interest with his documentaries, so easy to see why he and his movie show as top items, especially with political campaigns as they are. Not sure I get the Mary Kate Olsen. I believe eating disorders are a real problem, but I don't really want to go out of my way to search for people that have them. Not sure the deep interest by some in celebrity problems, maybe they feel it makes them more human. Hey, just so you know, they are just people. Last year at this time if someone would have introduced many to Fantasia Barrino they would have been polite and simply shaken her hand and gone on with life. Now some of those same people would go crazy, screaming, etc.. She could probably sing pretty good a year ago too. There may be celebrities that I like, but I don't know that I get the whole fascination with celebrities thing. I guess it may not be much different than my fascination with automobiles, but I can realize that they are just a bunch of metal, plastic, rubber, etc.. when you get down to it. Worthless compared to family and friends.

The results page doesn't show the top auto searches for America, but they do show the five for the United Kingdom.

1. ferrari

2. nissan

3. lamborghini

4. porsche

5. mercedes

No comments: