Friday, January 30, 2004

Exchange Woes

Ironic. I was sending a note to Technical Support requesting some cable pulls for some equipment and upon hitting send a message pops up stating "Operation Failed". Great. The Exchange Administrator is just a couple of cubes outside my door, as I was going to the Support Center to let them know he was standing outside his cube so I asked him about it. He stated that he was rebooting the server. If you follow my posts you probably saw that our Exchange server was down for a couple of days recently. Not sure what went wrong this time. They are slowly moving the mail boxes to another server. I believe approximately 150 a day (we have about 1,800). It is believed the problems will be alleviated once everything is moved to the new hardware. I guess we'll see.

No comments: