Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Strong Password Generator does just what you think it would - Download Squad

Brad Linder posted about an online strong password generator.

If you were a paranoid of big brother individual (not the CBS reality [reality used loosely] tv show), would you want to have your employees going to a site to generate their password.

I know it would be far fetched, but if you know the IP address that I am hitting your generator from, you could possibly tell the company that I work for.  If you know the company I work for and store the password I just generated, and end up with a lot of hits from my company using your generator, you could have a halfway decent password dictionary to use in trying to hack into one of my companies accounts.

Like I said, far fetched possibly, but possible, nonetheless.

Strong Password Generator does just what you think it would - Download Squad

No comments: