Friday, April 20, 2007

Triglycerides

It has been close to three weeks since my last trip to the doctor. It was a follow up from a couple of weeks before that. My stomach was cramping a bit and I wanted to make sure it wasn't going to be a flair up of the Acute Diverticulitis or anything of that nature. They had me drink the nasty stuff, do the MRI thing and everything came back looking good. They said I probably just had some kind of bug. They also did some blood work and said a couple of the liver related counts were real close to borderline, so when I was to come back and see the doctor a couple of weeks later they wanted to do some more blood work to see if the bug might have thrown things off a bit or if something else was going on. So seven vials of blood and three weeks later I got the first results today. Everything looks good, but my triglyceride count was on the high side, so they told me to follow up with my family physician on it. They stated that the other blood test can take up to six weeks for the results, so I will be getting more results at some point.

No comments: