Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Freeware

I thought I might mention a couple of freeware items that may be of interest. I have mentioned 7-zip before. It is easy to use and supports multiple compression formats, but another one worth mentioning is Zip Genius. The thing I like about it is that it allows one to create self-extracting zip files. These are a bit different as they include a Zip Genius GUI interface when executing the self extracting file.

Another one to mention is PDF reDirect v2. It allows you to create simply pdf files. Open Office allows one to create a PDF document and I have heard that the next version of Office will too. The nice thing about this little piece of freeware is that you can easily create them from any application. It simply sets itself up as a printer selection and when wanting to create your PDF, simply select it from your list of printers and you are on your way.

No comments: