Tuesday, March 22, 2005

MSN as the home page

MSN Logo


I don't like having MSN set as the homepage anymore. I don't like the way the page loads. At the perfect moment that you are trying to type a URL in the address bar the page finishes loading and sets the cursor to the "Search the Web" field. Annoying. If your not paying attention you end up typing the url that you were trying to get to into the search field and hitting enter thus doing a search rather than going directly to the page. I guess that is one way for them to increase the use of their search engine. Come on, set the focus to the "Search the Web" field at the beginning of loading the page, so I can do what I want quicker.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The question is...

...why were you still using MSN as your homepage to begin with.

I prefer the Firefox/Google homepage myself but it never would have been... MSN. Hmmm....

Bonj said...

I use the Firefox/Google homepage when using Firefox, which is most often, but at times will fire up IE on the home computer and have an MSN subscription. I have not checked the MSN page via Firefox to see if it is as annoying there.